Diving plays a crucial role in the daily operations of the Vancouver Aquarium, including the maintenance of exhibits and off-site research in Howe Sound.
In recognition of the importance of diving in exploration and conservation of aquatic ecology, the Vancouver Aquarium is hosting the 14th annual Divers’ Weekend on January 19 and 20. This event brings together divers and non-divers to celebrate B.C.’s world-class diving opportunities.
Featuring compelling diving demonstrations, exhibits and conversations, Divers’ Weekend will inspire visitors to further explore the oceans, exchange ideas and expand their horizons.
Divers’ Weekend 2013 includes:
- Diving demonstrations by the Canadian Coast Guard, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and Royal Canadian Navy Explosive Ordinance Disposal dive teams
- Exhibits by diving clubs, organizations and businesses
- Ten fascinating talks over two days, highlighting themes of exploration and conservation
- A dive demonstration with a vintage hard-hat dive suit
- Fun gallery activities for kids
This event is free with admission and certified divers receive 50 per cent off admission or 10 per cent off membership with presentation of their “c-card.”
For more information on the event, please visit our events page.