Imagine yourself watching penguins dive off Antarctica into the Southern Ocean, merely feet from your kayak. Or picture yourself watching the pros swing at the RBC Canadian Open while enjoying a unique three-day VIP experience. Or envision yourself reeling in a great white sturgeon on the Fraser River with Canadian icon and conservationist Rick Hansen.
On June 13, guests at the next Night at the Aquarium will get to bid on these and other once-in-a-lifetime experiences during our tantalizing live and silent auctions. The evening will also include a raffle draw for two executive first-class tickets to any destination to which Air Canada flies.
Night at the Aquarium is the Vancouver Aquarium’s signature fundraising gala, which brings together Vancouver’s philanthropic and corporate leaders for an unforgettable evening of exquisite food, great entertainment, and extraordinary auction items. All proceeds directly support the Aquarium’s conservation, research and education programs.
During Night at the Aquarium, guests will have the opportunity to bid on the following items and more:
- salmon fishing in the Campbell River as expert guides share their expertise
- two nights at Cove Lakeside Resort on Okanagan Lake with an inspiring wine tour and concert
- a sumptuous feast in the Vancouver Aquarium’s Tropical Zone, prepared by Chef Chris Whittaker of Forage Restaurant
- two-night stay in Naramata, including tickets to a tailgate wine and food party, 24 bottles of Naramata Bench Wines and a wine fridge
- a unique Gordon Smith paintbrush, a rare opportunity for any art lover to own a piece of Canadian history
- four-night stay at the legendary Ritz-Carlton in Kapalua, Maui
- four-day fishing trip in Haida Gwaii
- three-night stay and VIP experience at the RBC Canadian Open
- fishing for great white sturgeon on the Fraser River with Canadian icon Rick Hansen
- ten-day trip for two to Antarctica
- scuba diving with the Vancouver Aquarium’s resident belugas, Aurora and Qila
- weekend stay at the Fairmont Pacific Rim, including dinner for two at Oru Cuisine
- $1,000 VIP-shopping experience at Holt Renfrew
- an authentic autographed #17 Ryan Kesler hockey stick
- weekend get-away to Seattle with a two-night stay at Hotel Monaco and a behind-the-scenes tour of the Seattle Aquarium
- one-on-one interaction with the Vancouver Aquarium’s charismatic dolphins
While enjoying the Aquarium’s mesmerizing new seasonal feature, Jelly Invasion, guests will indulge in exquisite dishes prepared by local Ocean Wise chefs and served with luscious wines. Set against the stunning backdrop of the Aquarium after hours, the 7th annual Night at the Aquarium promises to be a magical night.
Proceeds from this event support the Vancouver Aquarium’s important conservation, research, and education programs, like its mobile education team AquaVan (presented by BC Hydro), Marine Mammal Rescue Centre, Ocean Wise and Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup.
Individual tickets for this inspiring event are $300 and going quickly. VIP Reception tables are now sold out.
*This is a 19+ event*
The Vancouver Aquarium is a not-for-profit organization. One hundred percent of all proceeds from Night at the Aquarium will support the Aquarium’s conservation, research and educational programs.