Guests at Vancouver Aquarium‘s annual fundraising gala proved once again that they care deeply about the organization’s mission to conserve aquatic life. This year’s Night at the Aquarium, presented by PCL Construction Group, raised over $350,000 for our non-profit organization.
Night at the Aquarium is our most significant fundraising event. One hundred per cent of the event’s proceeds go towards the Aquarium’s conservation, research, and education programs, including its Ocean Wise™ program, which was created to address overfishing, the single biggest threat our oceans face today.
“Our magical signature gala is an unforgettable night where we invite our supporters to celebrate our shared commitment to aquatic conservation,” said Dr. John Nightingale, Vancouver Aquarium president and CEO. “Their support allows us to rescue and rehabilitate injured animals, to ignite the curiosity and passion of tomorrow’s conservationists, and to continue our work as a global leader in aquatic research.”
Guests were treated to mouth-watering, sustainable delights from 16 of B.C.’s top Ocean Wise restaurants while sipping wine, spirits and beer from an array of wineries and distilleries. New this year was a champagne reception, courtesy of Tattinger.
Hosted by CTV’s Mike Killeen, the evening’s myriad musical performances from DJ Leanne to Steve Dawson had guests grooving all night long as they bid on show-stopping silent and live auctions. Guests with adventurous spirits, and generous hearts, had the opportunity to bid on once-in-a-lifetime adventures such as:
- A unique sturgeon-fishing adventure with Canadian hero Rick Hansen
- An exclusive, private chef’s table event for eight with Ocean Wise enthusiast and Pacific Institute Culinary Arts’ executive chef Julian Bond, and sommelier Tim Ellison
- An amazing One Ocean Antarctica 10-night voyage for two in a private cabin
- A luxurious Langara Fishing Adventures excursion in Haida Gwaii
- The evening’s highly-anticipated final draw for two executive, first class tickets and travel service to anywhere in the world from Air Canada
Warm thanks are shared with presenting sponsor PCL Construction Group’ vehicle sponsor MCL Motor Cars; gold level sponsor Xerox; silver level sponsors Earnscliffe, BDO, Coast Capital Savings and Ian Telfer and Nancy Burke; and media sponsors CTV, Vancouver Sun and Vancouver Magazine. Our sincere appreciation is also shared with our event partners, volunteers, guests and supporters. It is only with the help of generous community partners that this event is made possible.