This season, be the first to experience spring release wines from the Naramata Bench while supporting the conservation of our oceans: Wine for Waves is on May 2 at the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.
Join the Vancouver Aquarium’s Ocean Wise program and the Naramata Bench Wineries Association for a delightfully delicious evening as we uncork Naramata Bench’s first and finest spring release wines. Sample tasty Ocean Wise culinary offerings, meet the Naramata Bench winemakers and owners, and bid on silent auction items of fine wines from Naramata Bench and exclusive Naramata experience packages. Proceeds directly benefit the Aquarium’s Ocean Wise program.
It’s like a pre-season visit to Naramata Bench for one magical evening! Located near Penticton in the southern Okanagan of British Columbia, the Bench wineries are situated above sweeping sand cliffs that rise from Okanagan Lake, with vineyards that gently slope up to the mountains behind, which gives the Naramata Bench area its name. A hundred years ago this was a major fruit growing area and over the years it has become home to world class viticulturists growing the grapes that are the basis for the renown of Naramata Bench wines.
Along with these luscious wines, guests will enjoy a variety of delicious Ocean Wise canapés from partners hailing from Naramata Bench and Vancouver, including:
- The Pecking Room Patio Grill │ Red Rooster Winery │ Chef Darinterson
- The Vanilla Pod Restaurant│Poplar Grove Winery │Chef Bruno Terroso
- The Patio at Lake Breeze │Lake Breeze Vineyards │Chef Mark Ashton
- Hillside Winery and Bistro │Hillside Winery
- Forage │Chef Chris Whittaker
- YEW seafood + bar │Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver │Chef Ned Bell
- Hapa Izakaya │Chef Nobutaka Watanabe & Chef Daiji Tanaka
- Noodle Box
- Homer St Café and Bar │Chef Tret Jordan
- Tacofino Commissary
- Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts
- Upper Bench Winery and Creamery
- Terra Breads
All proceeds from the event supporting the Aquarium’s Ocean Wise program. Tickets and more information can be found here.