During this challenging period with the B.C. teachers’ strike, there is a silver lining: the learning doesn’t have to stop. Registration is now open for student Day Programs, which begin at the Vancouver Aquarium this Monday (June 16).
With two weeks remaining in the school year, the Aquarium’s education team is excited to continue supporting the community’s educational needs and engage students with aquatic conservation by offering these Day Programs to B.C. parents. Registration is now available for the week of June 16 (June 16-20), and the week of June 23 (June 23-27).
Children will connect with incredible aquatic animals and learn about marine life by interacting with the Aquarium’s staff biologists, veterinarians and aquarists. Day Programs are mission-focused and are specifically designed to foster scientific literacy by connecting children to nature.
Program highlights include:
- Beach walks, behind-the-scenes tours, Aquarium gallery activities, eco-crafts, nature games and science learning.
- Amazing props, displays and hands-on discovery in the Wet Lab and Aquarium Galleries.
- Lessons on ecosystems, animal biology and natural history with highly-qualified and diverse education staff.
Interested in enrolling your child(ren)? Here are the nitty-gritty details:
- Full Day Programs with pre-care and post-care included in the cost (8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Individual programs are offered day by day. Currently, parents can register for any individual days during the weeks of June 16 and 23.
- The Aquarium’s Day Program staff love learning while having fun, and are all first aid/CPR certified.
- Invest in the future of our oceans by investing in your children’s! To learn more and register, visit here.
To learn more about our student Day Programs, visit our website.