With plenty of spook-tacular creatures (like sharks, spiders, snakes, bats and jellyfish), the Vancouver Aquarium®, an Ocean Wise® initiative, is the perfect place to kick-start your Halloween celebrations.
Here’s the full list of what’s happening at the Vancouver Aquarium for Halloween 2019.
For Kids and Youth
- Half-Price Admission for Costumed Kids – Saturday and Sunday before Halloween: Children and youth (ages 4-18 years) who come dressed in their Halloween costumes will get 50% off Vancouver Aquarium admission on Saturday, October 26 and Sunday, October 27 (kids 3 and under are free). Just remember to keep your costume ocean-friendly — please omit beads, glitter, balloons, straws and sequins. Full details and visiting hours here.
- Fish-or-Treat Halloween Sleepover – Saturday, October 26: Join the Vancouver Aquarium for a spooky and fun-filled overnight Halloween adventure! Enjoy trick-or-treat fun before bedding down in one of our living marine galleries. Continental breakfast served Sunday morning. Full details and pricing here.
- Haunted Halloween Hike – October 26 at 10 am: Join camp coordinator Leo on a spoooooky walk through Stanley Park. Go ghosts hunting in the forest, create a witches brew at the swamp, and build booby traps for forest monsters. This free program is open to families with kids and is stroller friendly! Email email@example.com to register. Dress for the weather. Meeting point: Stanley Park Bus Loop at 10 am on October 26th.
For Adults 18+
- Enjoy an Adults-Only Halloween Night at Vancouver Aquarium After Hours – Thursday, October 31! Grab your posse and get spooked this Halloween with our After Hours party at the Aquarium! Sip a cocktail and explore the Vancouver Aquarium galleries during this adults-only event. Don’t miss the costume contest, trivia game, and learn about sharks, jellyfish, and more. Costumes are encouraged, but not mandatory. Free shuttle service from Canada Place. Full schedule and ticket details here.
- Special Daily Halloween Programs Offered at Vancouver Aquarium until October 31st: Become an expert on Halloween’s most infamous creatures by attending one (or all) of our special programs. Slither on by our the Meet a Snake program to scale up on your knowledge of reptiles. Sink your teeth into the Shark Talk – we hear it has biting reviews.Face your fears at Meet a Cockroach. Have some skele-fun with a Spooky Storytime.Or check out the Reef Reborn 4-D Experience at our 4D movie theatre. All programs are included with your regular Vancouver Aquarium admission. Check the daily schedule here.
Getting to the Vancouver Aquarium Vancouver Aquarium (845 Avison Way) is located in beautiful Stanley Park. There are a number of scenic, safe, and sustainable transportation options to the Vancouver Aquarium including walking or biking and taking public transportation. For details, visit vanaqua.org/visit/location.